Monday, September 21, 2009

We started early

We're still not sure why, it could be part of the whole - check out how non-Mexican we are kick that my parents were on in the 70's but we have photos from several studio photographers all pre-1980. Sure we have lots of those little square photos with the waffle texture varnish like everyone else but for special occasions our parents took us to the studio. About 10 years ago this photo surfaced of me choking Dede. I don't remember seeing this growing up but I do remember seeing others from this same session. I know we were baptized late, no explanation for that or why we don't have middle names. I think these pictures were not taken for our baptismal but just around the same time. There are other photos of us with our brother and he's wearing a little brown suit. My Mom made these dresses for us, not sure about the bows in our hair. I've had this hanging up in my apartment since we found it in with the other family pictures. When www.awkwardfamilyphotos.com hit the scene we knew we had to send this photo in. We were really lazy about it and just said we were going to scan it and submit it for months. Well I finally took it down off the wall and took it over to the 'bello to get a scan done. We submitted it yesterday afternoon and it was up today by lunch time, along with a very nice thank you note from the webmaster asking if we'd like to be in the new book. Go check it out for yourselves, I was going to post the picture here but you'll enjoy this site so much you'll really need to go experience it as often as possible. For your enjoyment - our pic, a salute to starting sibling rivalries and beatdowns early. Not to worry we're fine now I haven't put her in a chokehold in like 20 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment